1. celebrated, were, came, was playing, were dancing.
2. is playing.
4. looked, was raining, were hurrying.
5. doing, was having.
6. came, saw, were sitting, was reading, lives.
7. was, rang, answered, was, was reading, did not hear.
8. doing, was working, was, did not see.
9. was working.
10. was raining.
11. was, was doing.
couldn't believe what had just happened / just happened. 6) after john had parked / had been parking the car, he went into the house. 7) this time yesterday, we lay / were lying on the beach sunbathing. 8) i didn't go out last night because i wasn't finishing / hadn't finished my homework. 9) jack had been working / was working at the company for ten years before he left. 10) he was driving / had been
driving for an hour when the car broke down.