1) the blind can learn to read with the help of their fingers.
2) she became - blind at the age of ten.
3) she looked - young enough to be his daughter.
4) this government has helped the rich but has done nothing to help the poor.
5) a special school for the deaf is being built in our town.
6) mr morrison asked us to speak more loudly, as he was rather - deaf.
7) the deaf, the blind and the dumb are the categories of people who may have problems finding a job.
8) this part of the city is - old and very beautiful.
9) what do we call people who can't hear: do we call them the deaf or the dumb?
10) alice is too - young to drive a car.
11) the number of - unemployed people is rising all the time.
the + прилагательное
the употребляется со следующими
the old, the young, the rich, the poor,
the blind, the deaf, the sick, the dead,
the disabled, the unemployed, the injured
- after the concert money will be collected for the poor.
- life is not easy for the unemployed.
помните, что эти слова не могут использоваться отдельно, как существительные. вы должны сказать:
a deaf woman , a young man.
или во множественном числе:
deaf women,young men
1) the room is being cleaned by a chambermaid2) where is a bell-boy? a bell-boy is being looked for by us.3)shirts are being washed by the laundress now.4) a tv set is being repaired by a hotel clerk at this moment.5) the room is being vacated by then now.6) the hotel manager is being waited for by me