3.my friend's fish
4.my parents' flat
6.my friend's son
7.my friends' son
8.my friends' sons
9.the farmer's sheep
12.new baby's teeth
13.my sister's bookcase
14.my parents' bookcases
15.my friends' songs
16.my parents' bower
17.kids' voices in the street
18.charles darwin's books
(26 underline the correct word as in the example:
1. david is (my, mine) brother.
6. this is sally's car. it's (her, hers) car.
2. this house is (their, theirs).
7. the blue skirt is (my, mine)
3. it is bob's cat. it's (his, her) cat
8. mr jones is (their, theirs) father.
4. these flowers are (your, yours).
9. (my, mine) hat is green
5. this is (our ours) garden. it's (our, ours). 10. this is bill's pen. it's (his, her) pen.
your teacher divides the class into two groups. then he/she gives cues and each group in
turn tries to say the correct possessive. each correct answer gets 1 point. the group with the
most points is the winner.
teacher: mary/ bag
teacher: woman / car
group a s1: her bag
group a s2: her car
teacher: children / books
group b s1: their books
group b s2: my pen etc.
bank, please? 7. we have a lot of time. we hurry. 8. oh dear, i (not) remember her address. 9. if we are lucky we see the whole match. 10. you take this book: i don't heed it.