britain has recent by been described as a “leisure society.” this is because there are a great variety of leisure pursuits. young people generally go out on friday or saturday nights to a disco, to a concert or to a pub. in recent years going out for a meal or getting a take-away meal have become popular too. during the past years there is a great increase in keeping fit and staying healthy. a lot of teens started running, jogging and going to different fitness clubs in their spare time. aerobics classes and fitness clubs opened in every town, and the number of recreation centres greatly increased. indoor pools, with their wave-making machines, water slides and tropical vegetation, have became very popular.
the same is true in russia. a lot of teens go in for different kinds of sport. sport helps them to feel as fit as a fiddle. in both countries there are special programmes for problem teenagers, such as a high-risk activities, for example they are taught to jump out of aeroplanes. but despite the increase in the number of teens participating in sport, the majority of young people still prefer to be spectators. they prefer to be couch potatoes. watching sports on tv is a popular leisure activity, as is going to football matches on saturday. cinemas have been redesigned with four or more screens, each showing a different film at the same time, and a lot of teens like going to the cinemas too.
the young generation is fond of communication. there are many available methods of communication nowadays, and the most popular one is computers. a lot of teenagers spend plenty of time working on computers. the internet seems really good fun. you may send e-mails to friends from different countries and get their answers instantly. you even may talk to them. it is easy and quick. a lot of teenagers have mobile telephones, so they can always be contacted, if they keep their telephone switched on, at any time of the day or night, or tend text messages.
1) the teacher asked me to come in.
2) th doctor asked mary not to sit up late.
3) kate asked nick notto come in there.
4) boris asked me to call him the next day.
5) the teacher said that we had to write that test that day.
6) molly asked me not to aks her about that.
7) amy asked his friend to play the piano following weekend.
8) they said that we had not gardered the day before.
9) mum asked her son not to forget to clean his teeth.
10) she said that her sister had beeing learnt english
1) my friends goes to the alps in spring.
2) it often hains in britain.
3) london stands on the thames.
4) mary people speak english in the world.
5) she speaks three languages.
6) she wears a uniform.
7) the college course lasts 2-3 years.